The process of performance management directly follows the successful onboarding of new employees. This includes ongoing employee training and development, yearly employee performance appraisal evaluations, ongoing feedback through one-to-one meetings with leaders, and readiness for potential promotional opportunities. The challenges related to performance management can cause many other issues throughout the organization. This includes employee dissatisfaction, attrition, low performance, impacts on the customer, and much more.
You have just been hired as the vice president of call center operations for a 100-person inbound call center. You have deep expertise in the performance management and training processes in call centers and are concerned with the high call center agents’ turnover rates (especially in the first six months of employment), the low leadership abilities of team leaders, low employee engagement scores, low tenure (less than two years) of the current call center agents, and the lack of performance reviews for the last two years. You have been asked to develop a performance management plan that will turn the situation around in the call center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Doctoral learners are required to use APA 7th style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
Refer to the
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
Include a minimum of five scholarly topic-relevant sources (majority of articles should be published within past five years).
Write a paper of 1,350-1,500 words that provides a foundation for the performance management plan you will be presenting to the organization. Discuss the following components in this plan:
1. Introduction (to include a thesis statement)
2. Summarize the best practices in the performance management process for call centers.
3. Discuss the influence of employee feedback, training and development, and appraisals on employee performance and satisfaction.
4. Describe how the employee performance appraisal process can influence employee motivation, stress, satisfaction, and retention.
5. Summarize how a new performance management process can solve many of the challenges identified in the scenario above.
6. Prepare a brief plan that describes how you will address the issues in the call center. This should include several phases that you would recommend to the organization. Be sure to use all of the expertise you have gathered throughout this class.